Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Keep The Exercize Up

I had the best run I have had in a while. I set out to run around the big neighborhood loop (2mi) twice, which would equal 3.8 mi. I was feeling FANTASTIC after that so I did the small loop (1mi) once. My plan was to run as much of it as I could until my knees hurt. It started to hurt and was killing when I finished. But I made it all 4.7 miles in 49:06. It was perfect running weather: 41*, clear skis, crisp air to fill your lungs. It was invigorating.
Then I met up with a friend at Starbucks. I got a non-fat, no whip, Peppermint Mocha Twist. It was 220 calories. But I had a cupon for a free one. Every sip was delcisious and worth every calorie.
I made home for dinner. I had a good size salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, and oil & vinagar dressing; a piece of lasagna (mom;s from scratch= SO GOOD); a piece italian bread with garlic butter.
For dessert I had a Peanut Butter Blossom, Pecan Puff, and a piece of fudge.
Later, I baked a chocolate cake and licked the batter of the spatula. :) I also ate a candy cane while it baked.
My holiday strategy is to EXERCIZE EXERCIZE EXERCIZE to conteract the sweets. I normally eat 1350 - 1600 calories (no sweets) a day with 45-60 exercize plus a lot of walking. My holiday plan is to eat 1350-1600 calories of food and to not eat more discretionary calories than I exercize that day.

Today
coffee= 5
Breakfast= 385 (35 dis - apple butter)
coffee= 5
lunch= 370 (50 dis - full fat cheese)
sanck= 220 (130 dis - total cal minus 8oz skim milk)
dinner= no idea ~550
dessert= guessing ~250 (all dis)
TOTAL= 1780 (465 dis)
Running= 49 min X 9 cals/min = 441
I was a little over but there is some guessing in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment