Monday, December 15, 2008

Keeping Busy







I am trying to keep busy since I am on break. Im doing pretty well. I have walked Charlie (my dog), gone to the gym for a swim, watched some tv, baked, gone to the store, and gotten gas. I was going to walk Charlie agian but I did not arrange things right and it got dark on me. Oh well, I need to rest my knee.



Oh yes my knee. I have never had serious knee problems. When I run my right knee is the first to hurt. My head, heart, and legs could keep running longer but normally around 3.5 / 4 miles my knee hurts. My mom ran cross country in high school and ran everymorning with our dog (untill the dog got arthritis and my mom hurt her knees). She unfoutunately hurt her knees REALLY bad. So because she learned the hard way I ALWAYS listen to my knees. I stop when they hurt. I combine impact (running) with not impact (swimming, ellipticaling, spinning).I only run twice a week, never on consecutive days. Well Saturday the combo of my my right knee was compensating for my foot and running my fastest ever started the pain. Sunday my attempt at running, ending in jogging/walking (the gym is closed on weekends over break so I had to run agian) magnified the pain. So yesterday I iced it. Today I swam. It felt fine while I was swimming and flipturning (the real reason I think it hurt agian). But I was limping on the walk home. I took 3 advils and iced it for 1 hour. My mom said to rest because she thinks that is why her knees are so screwed up. I really hope it gets better. Hurtingmy knees from my high amounts of exercize is a phobia of mine.



Anyway on to food.



For breakfast I had Pumpkin Oats (my version). The bowl contained 1/2 c oats cooked with 1 c water, 1/4 c pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice mixed in, and topped with 1/4 raisins and 1/2 oz chopped walnuts. This is my most filling combo of oatmeal. I LOVE it.



Lunch was a classic fall back. I had a turkey sandwich: ww bread, 2 oz turkey and mustard and an orange. My roommate was in the room so I took the picture after I started eating.



While baking biscottis, (there will be a pic later) I had ~ 1T of the batter and ~1 T chocolate chips. For snack I had about 1 1/2 oz of these rice chips. These are a healthier version. My sister convinced me to buy them. I am not a potaoe chip fan in general, so I probably wont buy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment