Sunday, December 14, 2008

Serenity




I was going to start yesterday but I had a little camera trouble. Ive had a crazy week with finals. I have gotten off track this past week or so. Actually since Thanksgiving. I was at home, then eating leftovers, eating out more, then stress eating while studying, and then 2 nights of binging, 1 with purging :( . My eating has been off and I have only cooked myself dinner 4 times in the past 3 weeks! (very unlike me) I am hoping this blog will get me on track agin. Anyway stating on a Sunday, at the beginning of the week makes sense.




I am an education major and have to observe out in the schools regularly. On the teacher's bathroom wall there was a poster that really caught my attention. I think it is exatly what I need to help me. I am going to use it as a motto in my persuit of health and over all well-being. It said "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I have a cup of coffee every morning. I use to use splenda in it but I just put in 1 T of skim milk.
Normally on Sundays I make myself a special breakfast: pancakes, french toast, an omlette; but I am trying to eat up the food I have before going home for 1 1/2 -2 weeks. Today I wanted waffles. I used to have 2 frozen waffles but the high grain low protein combo did not keep me very full. So now I have 1 waffle and a morning star 'sausage'. I am not a vegetarian but I love alot of vegetarian food and limit my meat intake. It is part of my moderation ideal. I also had a cup of milk and an orange, fresh from my Aunt's backyard tree :) . I eat my waffle and 'sausage' with syrup. I use real maple syrup. I tried the Mrs. Butterworth stufff, yuck. Then I tried the sugar -free, double yuck! It may be more calories but I feel it is totally worth it and purer.
This meal provides: Grains - 1 serving, Fruit - 1 serving, Milk - 1.0625 serving, Meat&Beans - 1.33 oz, Discretonary - 55 cals, Calorie Total - 370




No comments:

Post a Comment